Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Wasted Day?

“Charles Francis Adams, the 19th century political figure and diplomat, kept a diary. One day he entered: Went fishing with my son today,
a day wasted...

His son, Brook Adams, also kept a diary, which is still in existence. On that same day, Brook Adams made this entry: Went fishing with my father,
the most wonderful day of my life!"
Illustration from www.crosswalk .com, Silas Shotwell, in September, 1987.



I think it is true, what we value as a priority in our life will ultimately determine if we have invested or wasted our time. Jesus was all about relationships; never did He consider loving people as a waste of His time. Considering His short human life on planet earth, that is significant! The God-Man, Jesus didn’t have 80 years to recruit, develop and train His leaders. He only had a few short years to accomplish this enormous task, and yet never did He become so focused on a strategy, that He lost touch with humanity.

As I begin 2008, I pray my life becomes a greater reflection of Jesus and His priorities.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Kathy so true! Time with people! Yes relationships! Thank you my friend!

Love, Elenore

Community - Everybody needs connections