Monday, November 2, 2009

Mendocino County-The Harvest is Plentiful?


I randomly pulled four days worth of the Ukiah Daily Journal (my local newspaper) A Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday copy are lined-up across my coach for you to see. Do you notice anything? The newspaper looks more like a farmers almanac on "How to Promote Marijuana as a Cottage Industry."

To say I live in an unusual or unique Town, is an understatement. Mendocino County is know nationally for many bizarre reasons, but perhaps the one thing most are talking about now... is the Marijuana Industry.

Right now it is harvest time in my community. Usually when people think of harvesting, they are thinking- vegetables and fruit, or perhaps grapes from the near by vineyards...but that is not what "harvest time" means in Mendocino County!


This is an interesting choice for the county emblem- don't you think? Notice the large pot leaf on the left. The crazy thing to me is how many people are involved in this industry! It is believed that roughly 2/3 of our local economy is directly impacted by the substance. It certainly seems possible!

The article below is a great example of how perfectly acceptable (and yet corrupt) the whole topic has become in my community. On this page we can read how a businessman in town had tried to avoided the whole cannabis industry because he didn't want the "risk". But surprisingly, the reigning Mendocino County District Attorney at that time said to him, "Anyone not growing 25 plants is an idiot." This businessman goes on to say, "When your District Attorney says this, I thought I must be an idiot."


Since our local newspaper has decide to direct most of it's attention towards the issue of marijuana.....hey, you can turn to just about any page in the Journal and find a helpful hint. Here are a few pages committed to showing you how to grow, trim, store and market the stuff. Am I the only one who thinks this is insane?


I'm pretty sure when Jesus said that "the harvest was plentiful..."
this was not what He had in mind.

No comments:

Community - Everybody needs connections