Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Rainy Season- Ruduu FonTok!

I'm learning about Thailand's seasons in my language class. The rainy season is on it's way! We've already had some huge storms with thunder and lightning like I've NEVER experienced! I've been told we'll be getting lots MORE rain soon..... and on a DAILY basis.

That should be an adventure since every time it rains outside, it also rains inside! Our house is still a work in progress and there are many repairs being worked on, including our roof.



Last week I came home to 3 inches of standing water covering the whole kitchen floor. The plastic water bottles and our flip-flop sandals were floating around in the water like little boats! There was standing water to some degree on all five floors. How could that be? Easy, our flat roof is a GIANT basin that collects water. I's like a big swimming pool, when it can't hold anymore water, it spills INTO the house, down the stairs and into each floor. It makes a waterfall that pours all the way through the house. Hopefully we have someone coming soon to make repairs!

No comments:

Community - Everybody needs connections