Sunday, August 8, 2010

Reading for meaning? That's almost funny!


Language class is challenging, but very important if I'm ever going to communicate in a meaningful way! I've been in school for three months learning to speak Thai. Class is 5 days a week, four hours a day....then I spend many more hours each day trying to memorizing and practicing language!

Last month we started reading and writing. I still haven't figured out why my Thai teacher insists on us writing sooooooo small. To get an idea of how small, I put my watch next to the Thai characters. Notice the size comparison next to the date and the pin on my watch?

There is only one person I know who enjoys writing this tiny...my friend Dr. Jones! CHUCK, where are you when I need you! HELP.

No comments:

Community - Everybody needs connections