Monday, February 18, 2008




The Flower Festival in Chaing Mai usually takes place during the first week of February



I have been in Thailand for the past month. My travels have included BANGKOK and south to SAMUT PRAKAN as well as PATTAYA. To the Northeast, I spend time in the UBON RATCHATHANI PROVINCE and to the North, CHIANG MAI.

It has been an intense 4 weeks of taking in many differing sights, sounds, smells, languages and foods. I have been living and ministering to and with people with differing worldviews. It has been an incredible opportunity!

When you take in so much so quickly, you need time to process! The tendency is to try and categorize what we have experienced by what feels familiar to us. That is exactly what my brain has been trying to do. I have to resist the temptation of attaching values to my cross-cultural observations. That's not easy. My mind wants to say, "This was good..." or "This was bad..." when in fact the situations I experience are usually just different!

I am back in the States now, and will begin to post some of my adventures. To those of you who were faithfully hunting for my new posts while I was out of country, sorry. The ability to post and communicate while I was traveling was more difficult than I had expected.

So, thank you for being patient …don't worry there are plenty of great stories on the way! Here are a few pictures to get you started. Enjoy!

No comments:

Community - Everybody needs connections