Saturday, November 10, 2007

Last year at this time I was in Myanmar...

Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and burden is light." Matthew 11: 28-30

A year ago I was serving with a medical team in Myanmar. We were only there for one month. The heat was sweltering and the work challenging, but the blessing of being an extension of God's love made it a life changing trip.

Today I am bundled up in a blanket watching the autumn leaves dance across the road, studying the principles of cross cultural communications at a Missionary training center! This is a huge life transition for me. A year ago I was employed, lived in my own home and my only task for the day was raking leaves in the front yard!

I have been at CIT for almost three months. It has been a time of study as well as seeking God's direction for my next steps. It has been rich and wonderful. The classes have been excellent even though sometimes I feel like I've been given a sip of water from a fire hose!

Your prayers are greatly appreciated as there are many times when the reality and consequences of these life changes overwhelm me. It is a humbling thought to know that the great and mighty God of all the nations, invites me to participate in His Kingdom work....loving people. This is an impossible assignment apart from Him. Pray I stay yoked closely to Him as He leads me through this process.

No comments:

Community - Everybody needs connections